Custom Search

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ping Xiang Duck Rice, Juru

I have been a fan of roasted duck but somehow, it is not easy to find a good one in Penang. Anyway, I was introduced to this particular Duck Rice stall, located in the Juru Village (Perkampungan Juru), about 6 months ago by a Japanese colleague of mine, whom have been residing in Penang for the past 5 years.



At first, I was not really impressed by the look of the stall as it was located at a corner courtyard of some housing area. And the surroundings doesn't really inteprete the goodness of the Duck Rice. However, it was love at first bite. I have been a very regular guest to this stall now and I will patronise at least once a week, everytime when I make my visits to Bukit Minyak.



The duck was roasted to perfection and it was crunchy on the outside and the meat was tender in the inside. It is best eaten with the homemade garlic chilli sauce of their own.



The duck rice is VERY reasonably priced and to top it up, you will also be serve a bowl of 'soup of the day' for free!



Ping Xiang Duck Rice stall opens daily except Sunday, and business will usually commence at about 11am and finishes by 1pm. You might want to give them a call to check if there are still roasted duck available, before you travel all the way to Juru. They can be contacted at 012-4564640.



No comments:

Post a Comment