Custom Search

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Xuan Xin Chinese Cuisine

I have heard so much about the porridge they serve in this restaurant. So I decided to make a trip to this restaurant, located at Gurney Plaza for a porridge feast.

The ambience in the restaurant was rather cosy and was quite packed with customers as I was there during dinner time. My intention to this restaurant was to savour the 'famous' porridge as recommended by my friends and to my suprise, they have quite a few selection to choose from. I ordered the porridge with crab roe and my friend and brother ordered a simple version of the porridge from the menu respectively.

Crab Roe Porridge

I was rather fascinated by the texture of the porridge as it was really smooth and sweet. We get to savour 3 different types of porridge and I have to agree with my friends that it was simply fantastic.

To top it up, we decided to also order some roast duck to compliment the porridge that we were having. The sauce that came together with the roasted duck was rather delicious.

Roast Duck

But the downside of this restaurant is that you are also being charged for the items that you did not order and it is a so called compulsory item that will be served to you once you step in to the restaurant. The napkins and the tidbits they served were costly. I wonder if we can reject those 'unordered' items from them?!

No comments:

Post a Comment